[muglo] members

  • From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:55:50 -0400

I'm wondering how many members we have at Muglo and of those members,
how many are active and how many lurk in the background. There has been
a significant amount of message traffic dedicated to forums and
alternate options for the list. This got me thinking about "who" the
members are. Why would some prefer forums and others not.

For me, I am busy and having emails dropped into my email program and
onto my handset is essential. I do not have time  to sit at the
computer for hours while some others may very well take this time. For
me, the emails are mostly informative and a method of "learning". I
don't think I will ever open the underside of a laptop and play around
with the innards so contributing in a technically meaningful way
remains beyond my reach. In other words, it goes "one way"! The time
spent going to a forum site looking for responses that may be there or
not is time I cannot invest at this time.

While forums may be helpful to certain members here, are they going to
serve the needs of those adherents who "lurk" or, like myself, do not
engage in active or frequent posts for whatever the reason? I feel
these members form a meaningful base nevertheless.

Any thoughts on this?

Theresa