[muglo] leopard

  • From: Hawk <taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:24:44 -0400

I'm just curious. I see Leopard will be out in a week or so. I've never
upgraded a system before so I have a couple of questions. First, am I right
in assuming Leopard can be used to upgrade a system that doesn't use the
Intel chip?
    Second, I assume it would be useless - or impossible - to install the
new OS in my G4 tower, which is 9.2.2, but what about my relatively new iMac
which is 10-something? Forgotten exactly. Would it be worth or necessary
installing the new OS in that model?
    Finally, and this from a non-techie type, how difficult is it to install
a new OS? What are the problems, if any? jim