[muglo] Re: imagewriter won;t print

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:50:15 -0400

on 15/7/02 14:40, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> hi all--
>
> am rather unfamiliar with imagewriter printers, but I have set up
> an orig imagewriter to a mac centris running OS7.6. When I send a
> document to print using simpletext, the docu says it's printing, and
> nothing happens on the imagewriter. (the printer is online and ready)
>
> I have the only imagewriter extension I could find installed. Version
> 7 something I believe.
> The chooser correctly has the imagewriter chosen. But one weird
> thing, each time I try to print and nothing happens, the chooser
> seems to be reset, and does not have the imagewriter chosen.
>
> I can;t figure it out. Is this a symptom of a non-functioning printer? or?

When you open the Chooser it won't show you which printer is selected (an
oversight on Apple's part... for 18 years!!!). It's not a bug, it's a
"feature".

1. Make sure the ImageWriter printer driver is using the correct serial port
(modem or printer).

2. Do you have AppleTalk active? If so, turn it off, and do #1 again.

3. You can use both the printer and AppleTalk at the same time provided you
hook the printer up to the modem port.

4. Are you sure that (a) the printer works (it's 18-20 years old), (b) the
printer cable is good for use with printers and (c) the serial port you're
using works?

5. Hold down the "form feed" button on the printer while you turn on the
printer. Does it print a test page after a while?

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>