[muglo] Re: imac

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:59:23 -0500

On 11/7/05, Hawk <taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Eric for your help. I'm using Tiger, whatever that is. And, you're
> right, I do have a different address in Port. Never thought of that.

If you want to post to MUGLO from that address simply sign it up!

>     I hope I've set it up correctly. I couldn't get it to go beyond the
> initial prompt for the longest time even though I tried to follow
> instructions closely. But you know how that can work sometimes. Finally, =
out
> of frustration, i  simply unplugged it and plugged it in again (used to w=
ork
> most times at work when there was a problem) and lo, it worked. Then I co=
uld
> simply follow on-screen prompts.

Hmm. Are you using dial-up or high speed with the iMac?

>      Funny the things you take for granted without realizing it. I couldn=
't
> transfer stuff from my old computer without a lot of bother so I'm not su=
re
> what I've lost although I went through it for any forgotten "gems."

Gems are rarely worth saving. Just e-mail the documents you really
want to keep to yourself.

>     By the way, I have iWorks. What exactly does that do, do you know?

Isn't iWork the word processor/page layout and presentation
(PowerPoint) software by Apple?

Eric.