[muglo] imac

  • From: Hawk <taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:32:57 -0500

Some questions. Bought a new iMac my first new computer in three or four
years. I amazed myself by actually getting it up and running, although it
did t ake me a while. However, I can't quite get the hand of how the net
works. Mind you I only had a brief time to work at it on the weekend.
      Prompt asked for data on my isp which i dutifully entered. I got
online OK but . . .
   My G4 has Outlook Express. Can't quite see what the imac uses. Sounds
silly I know but I have icons on my desktop on the G4 for both the net and
email. Don't see how that works on the imac and getting online was
problematic. As in not simple.  And I can't find any e-mail which I'm sure
is there somewhere.
   I must say the 20" monitor is something else and it seems loaded with all
kinds of gadgets, most of which I'll never figure out or use, of course. The
only reason I know what Dashboard is is because I saw it explained on
Dotto's Internet Cafe. But I'd never figure out how it works.
    One potential problem I haven't got a handle on yet. The iMac has a
built-in camera but it said to go online with it - conference calls, etc. -
I have to go through some lengthy setup process with - I think - AOL.
   Anyway, I have a good high-end logitech camera I've been waiting to use.
I wonder if it will be possible to use it since the imac comes with a
camera?
   On another topic. When I send an email to Muglo from my computer in Port
it's always rejected. Any reason for this?  Jim