[muglo] Re: html vs text

  • From: Dave Knight <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 19:57:35 -0400

I have to admit I don't understand the HTML hate. I mean back in the day when many people didn't have a client which would nicely render it it was quite annoying to get mail littered with HTML tags, but now, really? Surely everyone is using Mail.app/thunderbird/entourage/ Eudoraand has no such difficulty. Or is there just a deep seated rage that's hard to let go of? :)

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-06-01, at 17:52, Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The question was raised yesterday why some writers set their Mail preferences for sending and receiving in html rather than text. I'm one of the people who does, or did. I've been under the seeming misapprehension that the text setting still corresponded to the old plain-vanilla 128-character .txt format, which couldn't manage such occasionally useful things as accents and italics. A couple of tests indicate that this is no longer true. I'd never had occasion to check before. Maybe some others have had the same notion.---