[muglo] ethernet hub setup in X

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:59:52 -0400

wondering if I have setup my hub correctly, and it is the hub that
has an issue. (hub came from a $1 yard sale).
I thought, to set up a hub with OSX, simply to run a cable modem and
an ethernet connection to my emate, that all I had to do was run an
ethernet cable from the hub in position 1 to the mac. Then run cables
from the hub to the devices.

Mac wont see the cable modem, etc. I do gt activity light on the hub
at position 1 from the mac.
this is a 10BT hub, with 10 re-45 connections, and one BNC