[muglo] Re: email

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:49:24 -0400 (EDT)

Jim, why not try Netscape? Version 7.2 will work on System 9, as  I
remember, but you could check with someone in the newsroom to see which
version they're running there now (they're still on System 9.2.2).
Virtually everyone there has it as a search engine and many of them use
it for unofficial e-mails as well, because they all with one accord
despise Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and Microsoft products in
general. They're forced to use IE and OE for intraoffice and
interoffice because the IT honcho foisted it on them and then
deliberately configured all that stuff to be inaccessible to Netscape,
but the Gatesware is so inferior that they go to extra trouble on their
own to avoid it whenever they can.
In any case, time to swallow hard and make the jump to OSX, old chum.
It's actually not all that scary.

Cheers,

Doug