[muglo] Re: canon S200 printer Q's

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:21:06 -0400

>This is 90% likely a computer problem: how much RAM do you have? What app
>was doing the printing? What OS version do you have? What computer do you
>have (if you've got a PPC 7500/100 you can't expect miracles from modern
>software)? Have you got the *latest* drivers for the printer (d/l from the
>web)? Are you printing B&W or colour?
>
>Eric.

Well, I have 160 megs of ram (real ram), and am running OS 9.1 on a
7300/200 with pci usb card... i assume the card is fine, since my usb
webcam works fine.

I tried to print off of MSWord 5.1 , WordPerfect 3x, Nisus Writer,
and even SimpleText... all were just as slow.

Yes, I have the latest drivers (checked with canon support).

And this was black and white, normal text mode printing.
In draft mode, I got about 4 pages per minute. Good, but draft. In
normal mode, as I mentioned, each page was more than 3 minutes. I
didnt even try fine text (what would that have been, 10 minutes??)

Needless to say, frustrating.

~Alex

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>