[muglo] Re: a good meeting

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:18:20 -0400 (EDT)

Good idea, Karl. I've had two lightning strikes. The first time, a surge
protector saved everything, but died in the effort. The second time, I had a
replacement surge protector that would have saved everything except that I
stupidly had the Rogers cable coming straight into the computer, unbuffered;
the strike came in on the cable, bypassing the surge protector, and fried the
computer, printer, scanner and external drive.
Nowadays, with the laptop, I just unplug when there's rumbling overhead, and
run on the battery. If I need the Internet, Airport lets me have it and still
stay isolated from anything that's liable to carry a surge.
Doug

Karl Hochmann <k.hochmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Doug,

At this moment a thunderstorm is is tormenting us. I disconnected my
computer. You scared me.

Karl