[muglo] Re: Word Procesing

  • From: R Weaver <weaverrw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:28:06 -0400

joanna,

As a student, are you eligible for an education discount? At the $5(US)
rate you could afford Office for OS9 and OSX. Below is an excerpt from
the arrangement that 14 Ohio colleges have with Microsoft. I don't know
what's available in other states/provinces.

UC and Microsoft Sign a Major Licensing Agreement

                     The Information Technology and Instructional
Equipment (ITIE) fees collected from UC students are used to pay for the
cost of UC student licenses, thus allowing our students to get Microsoft
Software for as little as $5 a product, or just the price of the CD...

                     In September 1999, the University of Cincinnati,
together with 14 other Ohio institutions, signed a major licensing
agreement with the Microsoft Corporation. The 4-year Enterprise License
Agreement (or ELA) permits the University to distribute the following
software products to matriculated UC students, UC departments, faculty
and staff:

                     Microsoft Windows XP Pro or Windows 2000 Pro (or
successor desktop operating system product)
                     Microsoft Office XP Professional for Windows
                     Microsoft Office for the Macintosh including
version X
                     Microsoft FrontPage for Windows
                     Microsoft Visual Studio .Net Professional for Windows
                     Microsoft BackOffice Client Access License

                     The Agreement's end date is September 30, 2003.