[muglo] Re: Word Procesing

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 12:18:18 -0400

joanna wrote:

> Okay, so I had OS X and Office for it.
>
> Because of the iMacs etreme dislike for X I am back to 9 for a bit.  But I
> am in school now, and need to be able to create documents, that will either
> be printed and/or sent via email.  i need a program that will aloow me to
> print from the iMac, but can still create something a PC can open if I have
> to email it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I am trying really hard here not to spend any money, or little money, since
> tuition is enough as it is, and because I spent a crap load on office for X
> and plan on going back to it soon.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!
>
> Joanna

Hi,
    Somehow I missed the start of this thread, but do you have Appleworks? An
iMac should have it & it's your best bet for Word processing, Database,
Spreadsheet & Drawing. Combined with MacLinkPlus it will open & save to almost
every IBM type of file. Copying & pasting into your email also woks even
better <BG>.
    You will be very disappointed in O/S X on your model of iMac, slow even
with more Ram. O/S 9.1 or 9.2 work well. HTH.
TTFN,
TeeC

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>