[muglo] Re: Word Procesing

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:56:48 -0400

on 2/9/02 13:42, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> at western, all fulltime undergrads are charged ~$90 on their student
> fees for a bus pass... when it was debated a few years back, the
> argument went a similar way.. why charge every student when only some
> (most) will use the bus pass... but of course the logic is the cheapo
> $90 is great for 8 months bus pass. By having everyone pay, the
> university is able to offer LTC a huge chunk of reliable income....
> the benefit to them is great, and students get a cheap buss pass out
> of the deal.

Plus, the dolts that do drive may actually get a brain and take the bus
:)... I remember a few people complaining about the bus fair but
by-and-large people really appreciated it. $11/month for bus fair is
nothing... and think about the amount of fuel, money and health problems
they'd save by not driving :)!

They tried to get the grad students the same deal but UWO is too stupid and
provides far too much parking (too many grad students are too rich and
drive) -- dig up those parking lots and plant a few trees. Force Londoners
to get an environmental conscience, if only for their own @$#!@#
convenience.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>