[muglo] Re: Wi Fi -interesting speed differences.

  • From: Frank Birch <fbirch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:12:23 -0400

Thanks Terry. I'm still pondering why the 5 ghz runs slower than the 2.4 ghz.
The router is in my downstairs office and I ran the tests upstairs. Both on the
same iMac.

I wonder if the pwr output is lower at 5 ghz. I have a lot of 2.4 ghz devices
running so one would think the 2.4 freq would have more interference hence less
speed due to retransmits.

Still pondering...

Regards