[muglo] Re: WINDOWS XP

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 01:11:05 -0400

The Windows 95 computer cannot handle Windows XP! It's also debatable as to
whether it's worth purchasing Windows XP for the other two.

PS A free alternative for the Windows 95 computer is to install Ubuntu
Linux. It's free and comes with a variety of FREE (legally) in-built
softwares: OpenOffice.org = word processor/spread sheet/presentation
software that's compatible with MS Office files; e-mail software; and, with
web browsing software (FireFox, Mozilla, Opera). On Windows you are also
able to play nearly any multi-media file and RealPlayer is available for
Ubuntu.

You can order (free) CDs from:
https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

It's as easy to install as Mac OS X!