[muglo] Voice Recognition for Macs

  • From: Ilbert Walker <ilbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:40:32 -0400

Hi Everybody
Has anyone experience in using speech dictation software on the Mac ?

iListen seems to be the latest incarnation receiving favourable
reviews  http://www.macspeech.com/news/testimonials/
US $150 including microphone ? plus $40 for Training CD package ?
And expensive mistake if it's as frustrating as Via Voice proved.  I
was one of those frustrated owners of Via Voice which I abandoned,
finding more time was spent correcting the 30% error rate than
keyboarding the entry.  I don't believe it was upgraded to OSX and
I'm wondering if there's a better alternative for OSX Tiger ?

Mac Speech (iList en)  http://www.macspeech.com/  say they produce
different versions for North American speech, UK speech and
Australian/NZ speech.   As a Brit who spent his first 30 years in
England, 10 years Down Under , and the last 30 years in Canada -
which version do I buy ! ? (smile!)

Was Dragon Naturally Speaking ever available for Macs as well as PC ?

I've a considerable amount of writing and editing ahead of me, but
feel  I'm too old to learn touch typing . I would like to find
something better than my present 'hunt and peck' method of text input
for this impatient S.O.B.

Suggestions anyone ?

Ilbert

And a final thought from Walker's Wit & Wisdom ? :-)

Every man/woman I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can
learn of them.      Emerson.(PC modified !)

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/