[muglo] Re: Virtual PC

  • From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:54:42 -0400

Intel Macs can run Windows natively with out the need for a program like
Virtual PC. Boot Camp allows you to boot into either Mac OS X or Windows on a
separate partition, but not both at the same time. Programs such as Parallels,
or VMware allow you launch Windows while in your Mac environment.

Dean Danis
519-494-8639
90 Caprice Cr.

London Ontario

N5V 3M2

> Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:32:14 -0400
> Subject: [muglo] Virtual PC
> From: theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I have Virtual PC for Mac 6.1 which I used on my G4 Powerbook to run a PC
> program that wasn¹t available in a mac version. Virtual PC was discontinued
> for mac in 2006 and was not ported to Intel-based machines.
> Does my current G4 tower have the capacity to run it?
>
> Do the new macs running windows dispense with the need for it?
>
> I still have the need to run the program that does not come in a mac
> version.
>
> Theresa
>
> ---
> MUGLO information at <http://www.freewebs.com/muglo>
> Manage your account options at <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi>

Experience all of the new features, and Reconnect with your life.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?50730