[muglo] Re: Upgrading to Leopard???

  • From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:25:58 -0400

Too bad, not all the iMac G4s are supported with Leopard Assist as per their
web site. Here are some other articles which describe how to install Leopard on
a < 876MHz system. I've never tried any of these myself and you should be
familiar with the command line so good luck. Please back up any important data
before doing any of this, I can't stress that enough.

Faking Out the Leopard Installer with Open Firmware:
http://lowendmac.com/osx/leopard/openfirmware.htmlhttp://pareis.wordpress.com/2007/11/13/using-open-firmware-to-install-leopard-below-867-mhz/

Here's a little Applescript program that does all the work for you.
http://pareis.wordpress.com/2008/07/05/leos-little-helper-script-to-install-leopard-below-867-mhz/

Let me know if any of this works out for you.

Dean Danis

90 Caprice Cr.

London Ontario

N5V 3M2