[muglo] Re: Upgrading to Leopard???

  • From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:52:19 -0400

You can use Leopard Assist to fake out the open firmware on your G4. This will
allow you to install Leopard on a <867MHz G4 from the DVD.
http://leopardassist.sourceforge.net/

There is a reason why Apple set the minimum requirements so high, Leopard is a
resource hog. I suggest using CCC to make an image of your system before
upgrading to Leopard. Then I would install Leopard and see if the results are
acceptable. You can always use CCC to restore the image of your old system if
it doesn't work out the way you wanted it to.

http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html

Cheers, Dean