[muglo] Re: UK

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:23:32 -0400

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 12:36  AM, teresa sneddon wrote:

> If I have this right its Eric that moving to the UK?
> Why?
> Sounds to me like he hates it already, or am I picking up the wrong
> message.
> Iam from Edinburgh, and I have only lived in this country for 8 years,
> so
> Iam still homesick!!
> But trust me, Iam sure you will love it, and I dont think we Brits are
> backward just because some things are still imperial, its quite easy to
> work
> with both, once you get the hang of it, Iam in my early 50's, so they
> never
> had metric when I went to school, but so far it has not caused me any
> problems.
> As for the UK, at the moment being where Canada was 10 years ago, I
> think
> you are way off the mark. If anything I would say that the UK is further
> along than Canada, but maybe Iam a bit biased about that!!!!
> As for the Royals and the 'anthem' we in Scotland sing our own
> 'anthem' 'o
> flower of Scotland' make sure you hear it when you are over there.
> How long are you going for?
>
> Teresa

I too am from the UK - a small part of it - called Guernsey !!  In 1940
I was 'forced' to move to England and later I moved to Glasgow where I
met my wife and finally after about 12 years we moved to Canada, with 3
children, in 1962, 40 years ago now!!!!

By the way - when things went metric, tje Brits refused to give up their
PINT of beer, etc. !!

Paul