[muglo] Re: Trying other sites

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:01:50 -0400

I was waiting for someone with more experience to answer this. I
actually joined Facebook last year to keep in touch with some
relatives and exchange some photos(resolution is limited). From my
limited experience: Facebook is for the under 30 crowd. The words
'secure' and 'Facebook' should not be used in the same sentence.
Correct me if I'm wrong - the freewebs site works for most members. It
would be nice to exchange/display files which freewebs won't do. The
proboards and Google sites allow this and could be used in conjunction
with freewebs. They could also stand alone, but that might be a bit
too radical, and I can see the debate lasting forever.

Any ideas on how Facebook(or any other site) might also work?

On Mar 22, 2009, at 10:13 PM, Douglas Feick wrote:

>> Is Facebook "Groups" secure, or can it be made secure enough, to be
>> usefull for our group?
> ...Doug
>
>> ...I am  trying to experiment with each in order to vote fairly as
>> a member if
>> the chance ever comes up.
>>
> The freewebs format allows a quick exchange...
> ---
> MUGLO information at <http://www.freewebs.com/muglo>
> Manage your account options at <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi

Wayne Dobson