[muglo] Re: Time Capsule gone from Dock

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:53:04 -0800 (PST)

--- On Mon, 3/2/09, Paul Tucknott <paulvt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just for fun, I dragged my Time Machine icon from the dock -
> poof - gone.
> I then was able to just drag the Time Machine icon from the
> Applications folder onto the dock. Harmony restored.

Well, hallelujah, and pass me another plate of crow. Thanks, Paul, and Scott,
for sorting me out at last, and a very apologetic thanks to Doug Rogers, whose
correct advice days ago I failed to recognize. Doug, your first suggestion was
to go to the Apps menu, launch Time Machine, then drag the icon into the Dock,
which can't be done. Next day, you said what I thought was the same thing
again; I didn't notice that this time you said to go to the Apps menu, SELECT
Time Machine and then drag it. Mea stulta.

Apologies also for the intemperate tone of my last post here.