[muglo] Re: Syncing iPhone

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 22:45:31 -0400

Theresa, there is third party software (most ~$40) that 'translates' Entourage data for iTunes syncing. Can't vouch for any of them. You can try some preference settings outlined here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1670

On Jul 25, 2010, at 9:37 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

Syncing my iPhone is easy but I am experiencing one issue I cannot resolve.

I know that syncing transfers my contacts from my computer to my iPhone satisfactorily [most of the time – I have lost a few] using the Advanced section at the bottom of the INFO tab in iTunes. I use this section to transfer data from my computer to my iPhone. However, the Groups that show up on the iPhone are not the categories in Entourage where the sync process is getting the contacts from. I do not know where these groups are coming from. I already deleted Address Book several months ago. I realize the advanced section only transfers contacts, not categories. The list of groups under the “Sync Address Book contacts” contains these “wrong” groups as well but I only click on “All Contacts” for syncing from the iPhone to the computer. There is no way to change these groups that I can find. How do I get rid of the “wrong” groups on my iPhone and replace them with the categories from Entourage?

2. Am I correct in my understanding that the sync process normally updates the computer from the iPhone unless I specifically click on “Replace information on this iPhone” In the Advanced section at the bottom of the INFO tab which then changes the direction of the flow of information?

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell