[muglo] Re: Suspicious email activity

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:38:23 -0500

>From: Regina Satorius <regina@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>on 11/9/04 6:59 PM, Eric D at hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Can you please send me a copy of said "spammer/spoofer" virus?
> >

>Eric, I don't get a lot of these, but here is the front portion of a recent
>strange, very long message that supposedly "bounced" back to me but I
>didn't
>send it:
>
>It came from: <MAILER-DAEMON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject was: failure notice

Do you know anyone at:  castle-ed.com or quickclic.net?

If so, chances are that this person is running Windows and their computer
has been infected by a virus that exploits holes in Outlook Express's
security settings.

If not, then it's probably a spammer's computer that's been infected (or
they're intentionally sending out these viruses... some viruses allow
(illegal) porn purveyors or con-artists to set up ad-hoc web servers on
infected WINDOWS computers).

Eric.