[muglo] Re: Sony 24/10/40 CD burner

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <prestige.print@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 11:07:34 -0400

on 9/7/02 01:10, Barry Takayesu at prestige.print@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Eric:
>
> I expect that you had to buy an IDE card to go with the new burner.
> Could you tell me how much for the card?  Keep us posted on how things
> go with this recent purchase. Thanks, Eric.

Oh, I forgot to mention that it's working quite nicely. I managed to send OS
X's Finder into a hissy fit with a really, really corrupt CD (normally it
crashes OS 9) but I was impressed that the OS didn't crash (the Finder went
down) (unlike OS 9 which happily crashes every few hours... piece of crap OS
can't handle computing). But, I now think I've figured out a way to extract
the data from the CD using Toast (Astarte CD Copy might work too).

Burning CDs at 24X is absolutely amazing. It takes longer to prepare the
data than it does to burn the CD-RW. OS X fully supports the drive with
built-in burning and I imagine that OS 9's Disk Burner software does too
(I'd rather use a Windows computer than use Apple's useless, and poorly
designed CD burning software (who's going to burn files to a CD only
*once*... I burn my CDs as incremental back-ups so as not to waste 80% of
the CD's space))..

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>