[muglo] Sharing Internet Connection

  • From: Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:35:44 -0800

I got my new MacBook Pro today and am trying to get connected to the
Internet.
My current Internet connection is via a Sympatico Speedstream 6520
(wireless) modem. The modem is connected via Ethernet to my eMac and by
cable to my DSL outlet. I had assumed that the MacBook Pro would connect to
the modem¹s aerial via its Airport card pretty much automatically (the old
³plug and play² sales pitch). However, it is probably necessary for me to
configure the MacBook Pro to do that. If so, how do I do that?

I am also wondering if it is necessary that my eMac have an Airport card
installed. Is that true?

Can anyone please help me out here?  Thanks.

Bob