[muglo] Problems burning CDs

  • From: Kathryn-Jane Hazel <k.j.hazel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:59:13 -0700

Dear Muglo-ites:

I wrote to you last about my son using my computer to transfer his
songs to an IPod.

Well, that plan has run into problems - his IMac won't let him burn CDs
anymore.  When he tries to do it, he gets a message, "unable to
complete task due to unknown error."

It isn't the CDs themselves; he checked using ones from a different
package and brand.

He has an IMac with OS 9.1, bought in 2001, and has been able to burn
CDs by the score until now.  Is this a hardware or a software problem?

Is it time to get him a new computer, or can this be fixed?  Everything
else works.

Cheers,

Kathryn

           http://muglo.on.ca/Pages/joinus.html