[muglo] OSX on pre G3

  • From: Jeremy Reynolds <jrolandreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:42:52 +0100

on 05/06/2003 04:14 pm, Eric D. at hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> on 3/6/03 7:08 PM, Galen at blueandwhiteg3@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>> -Cannot run Mac OS X (for the geeks in the audience: "cannot" is a
>> strong word but in this case, nobody has reported running the *whole*
>> OS successfully, although some people have been able to run
>> custom-built version of darwin without the OS X gui)
>
> Then again, I'd call anyone running OS X on a pre-G3 insane ;)

Hello,

Well I've been called worse ;)

This post caught my eye and touched on a subject I am interested in, so I
thought I should say hi and introduce my self.

I live in the UK and I came across your list via the Apple on-line community
MUG link.

Our Mac is a 9600/200 with OS 9.0.4  it's only used for Word, Internet,
Email and the occasional game, a lightly used domestic machine but I am
trying to find out, for an admittedly mad experiment, just what is the
lowest spec Mac running a version of OSX, no matter how badly.

The info about Darwin coincided with another similar post I recently read,
so I thought I would ask does anyone have any experience, feedback, advice
or URL's to other relevant links to offer me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Jeremy.