[muglo] Re: OS X running on mac clone

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:33:24 -0500

Eric D. wrote:
 >perhaps you can still get yourself a bottom of the line B&W and live
with the 16 MB video instead, but have a 100 MHz bus, built-in FW, and
an option serial port if you're that desperate for serial stuff (plus,
it's fully supported by OS X, no fiddling required).
L8r, Eric.<

Eric,
    We must shop in very different stores. B & W start at about $900
with min mem etc. $1200 gets you a good one. Mine (400 Mhz./256 mem)
just cost me $900 + tax (Nov. 2002). because I bought it virtually the
same day it came in on trade. I shopped for 3 months before that on
every site that I could find.
    I love the machine & it's fast, especially on the net with HS Bell &
with Photoshop, but I did have to buy a new scanner & change my 740
connection to USB.
TTFN,
TeeC