[muglo] Re: OS 8.6

  • From: Hollycrt@xxxxxxx
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:37:20 EST

In a message dated 30-12-01 16:06:35, paulthomas@xxxxxxx writes:

<< I have available a program which requires at least OS 8.6 (which I can
download) to replace my current OS 8.1 on a Mac Performa 5260.  Does anyone
having experience (good or bad) with OS 8.6 have any advice concerning using
OS 8.6??

Paul >>

Hello,
I went from 8.5.1 to 8.6 and am very happy with it. It is considered a bit
more stable. The problem for you is that one has to go to 8.6 from 8.5. The
former is a free download, huge, but available in parts. The latter is not
free, but one can still purchase it. The reason I finally upgraded was the
same as yours. More and more programs and peripherals require 8.6.
If you decide to go to 8.6, I have the address for the Apple download site. I
had a heck of a time finding it. I also found two sites that had information
that I found helpful.
Best regards,
Nancy

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>