[muglo] Re: Monitor

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:40:08 -0400

doug rogers wrote:

> My 17" is wonky - the colours arte consistently 'hot', and I've been
>poking about for a new monitor. I saw a 20?" or 21?" sony flat crt at
>Computer Liquidators on Horton Street for $200. As I'm on this PCI G3, I
>thought it might be a suitable replacement. if it is still there when I
>can afford it.... Would your 20" run on this G3? What is the colour tone
>like?

Monitor is "Apple Multiscan 20" display" and yes it will run on a G3. It
is a Sony inside of course, but I have to make a correction in the it
has ADB ports, not USB. It is a big sucker i that you need 20" clear all
around (H,W, & D). The ADB ports enable one to access the fine tuning
that is built into the monitor, otherwise it simply uses the standard
Mac O/S stuff. Hope that answers the "Colour Tone" question. You set the
"Tone" with the fine tuning.
Rich was first to respond, so get back to me Rich with confirmation.
Paul doesn't really have the space, unfortunately.
TTFN,
TeeC