[muglo] Re: Mail settings

  • From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:40:15 -0400

Try going to the webmail service for Rogers and see if you can receive email
from that interface. It will use the same POP servers, so if it's not working
it could be down for a bit.

Dean Danis
519-494-8639
90 Caprice Cr.

London Ontario

N5V 3M2

From: benson5354@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [muglo] Re: Mail settings
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:27:17 -0400
To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My mail program could send, but not receive mail this morning.  I checked the
rogers website to see if they  could help.  I found the information below and
set up a new account with this information.  It didn't work, but then my old
account started receiving mail.My old account just uses "pop" as the incoming
server and does not use smtp. broadband for the outgoing server.
Should I be using the setup  Rogers shows?  Are their broadband settings better>
Crandall
Your Email Address: username@xxxxxxxxxx or username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx your
Rogers Email user name in place of "username"Password: Enter your Rogers Email
password.Remember your password is case sensitive. Check that caps lock is not
on.Incoming (POP) Server: pop.broadband.rogers.comOutgoing (SMTP) Server:
smtp.broadband.rogers.comSMTP Authentication: Should be ON.This will allow you
to send mail. If you are asked to enter a username and password, enter the same
ones used to download mail.Outgoing (SMTP) Port Number: 587

Learn more ways to connect with your buddies now
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734388