[muglo] Re: Mail delete

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:08:04 -0400

On 29-Oct-04, at 2:10 PM, Mary wrote:
> Glad you got that fixed. Just out of curiosity, how do you know that
> the problem was caused by Mail trying to "automatically" open the
> attachment? I ask because (contrary to what Garth has said) I don't
> think any mail app can be configured to auto-open an attachment. (It
> would, obviously, be a security nightmare.)

Well mine is so configured & I can't find a system/preference that
changes it. Attachments are listed under any messages & as soon as you
click on a message with attachment/s, Mail tries to open it.

> When you have a "stuck process" you might try force-quitting the app
> (Apple/Option/Escape/) before resorting to a reboot.
>
>   Mary

I tires that, but Mail processing of attachment locks out any such
actions, believe me I tried them all.
TTFN,
TeeC