[muglo] Re: Mail delete

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:16:44 -0400

At 6:43 PM -0400 10/29/04, Tee Cashmore wrote:

>On 29-Oct-04, at 5:02 PM, Mary wrote:
>
>>  Hmm. So, you knew that Mail app was stuck, specifically in the
>>  process of opening the attachment because you observed ... what..?
>
>I observed a coloured spinning ball that would not stop spinning even
>after 15 minutes.

So, that tells us that Mail was pre-occupied with a process, but not
(exactly) that Mail was attempting to open the attachment.

>My Netscape opens attachments when I click on them, but that can be set
>up. In Mail it evidently can't. All attachments in my version of Mail
>open up immediately and show up in the body of the email itself.

Hmm, I don't use Mail, myself, so have no direct experience. In
looking on the net, I found, to my surprise, that Mail does auto-open
and display attachments if they are graphic files. I believe that
this auto-behaviour is confined to graphic files. Is that your
experience, or are you saying that an attached text file or a
spreadsheet, for example, would open automatically and show up in the
body of the email. That seems doubtful to me.

Was your problem attachment a graphic file?

  Mary