[muglo] Re: MUGLO Pages

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:05:14 -0500

> On Nov 12, 2004, at 4:46 PM, William R McGrath wrote:
>
>> And, lastly; I am looking to have my printer drivers (version 8.2)
>> transfered to a CD because my Macally floopy drive won't read them. It
>> wants to reformat the discs. I use a G3 blue and white which, as you
>> know,
>> doesn't have a floppy drive.
>> Do you know if there are any problems that people have experienced
>> doing
>> this or even if people have done this?
>> Bill McGrath

This is an easy task if you have a CD R/W; which is easy to install
into a B/W if it just replaces the CD Rom, if added there is the extra
cost of a matching door, but you can also just remove the plate & avoid
the extreme cost of a blue door that just gets in the way anyway. These
annoying little problems are part of the reason I put my B/W inside a
Server case & made a $100 profit by selling the B/W case.
However it sounds more like the floppy drive is faulty; I presume it is
an external type.
I'm sure someone has a Mac that still has an internal floppy that would
copy the drivers to a CD. I presume you can't download the drivers from
the Web?
TTFN,
TeeC