[muglo] Re: Leopard showing its spots?

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:16:45 -0400

Most cameras will not show in the finder, if you use a USB reader it
should show just as an external drive would.  It should show in iPhoto
though and if it doesn't are you confident that the USB cable is ok.
Do you have Windows installed and running under Parallels, on our iMac
if Windows is open it always tries to capture the camera and you need
to select no on the pop up window in XP before OS X sees the camera.
The other place to look in Applications under Image Capture and then
press preferences and there you can select the default application to
open when a camera is connected.
Just a few ideas

Gerhard