[muglo] Re: Leith's G4

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:49:58 -0400

I don't agree, Tee, and neither does Eric:

At 11:33 AM -0400 2006/06/12, Eric Dunbar wrote:
>  > >1. Why do you want to "reformat" (you're actually erasing it...
>>  >reformatting is technically a different operation) your "OS 9
>>  >partition"?
>>
>>  The G4 OS9 partition has information on it from the previous owner.
>>  I just thought the quickest and easiest thing to do was to erase the
>>  OS 9 portion of the disk.
>
>You are correct! It is the quickest and best way to eliminate any
>'cruft' left by the previous owner.
>
>>  >2. Is it a real partition, SEPARATE from your OS X partition?
>>
>>  Yes, the OS 9 partition is separate.
>
>Good! Makes it easy.

I bought an OEM version of OS 9 for the G4 at Mac Outpost yesterday.
I erased and reinstalled the OS 9 partition and things are much
better now.

And I am also glad I reformatted the OS 10 partition of the drive.
Glad I was able to buy the CDs from you, Tee.

It's working much better thanks to the reformatting.

Leith

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/