[muglo] Re: Is everybody ready?

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:41:48 -0400

>marketer. I hope I am wrong. If they do lead with the PowerBook at a
>reasonable cost (hah), and if the rumours of its speed are anywhere
>close to true, they could turn the PC world on its ear. Here's
>waiting with worms in my mouth - I mean "baited breath".

The PowerBooks are amazingly cheap now. You can get the 12" for $2300 CAD!
That's a full-featured laptop at the same price the iCraps were in 1998 and
1999! And, if you're willing to go consumer (crapsumer ;) you can pick up a
new 700 MHz iBook 12" for $1300 CAD.

Eric.

PS I too doubt they'd introduce the laptop version at the same time as the
desktop version -- give them a year, perhaps two before they get the power
consumption down far enough (I imagine you could fry an egg on the G5s they
should be anouncing today... at least if the slip-up on Apple's own web site
was legit... 1.4 GHz -> 2 GHz (dual) 64 bit G5s).