[muglo] Re: IDE controller card Q

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:35:28 -0500

on 6/2/03 01:26, Tee Cashmore at tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Readers are mostly okay, but writers are not. I'm going to try out a
> quite inexpensive CD/DVD Readers in my B/W G3 tomorrow, if the roads are
> open <G>. BTW I had IDE type CDs & HDs in my StarMax as well as SCSIs &

I popped (replaced the crappy 24x CD-ROM) in a 3rd party CD-RW (Sony
40/24/10, $75) into my B&W and it works like a charm. A DVD player maybe
slightly different but I don't imagine it should cause you problems either
(you may not be able to play DVD movies depending on the software you
have... unless you get a DVD decoder daughter card for your video card).

L8r, Eric.