[muglo] IDE controller card Q

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 00:48:04 -0500

also, I'm thinking of purchasing an IDE PCI card, for my scsi tower
mac, this card allows one to hook up IDE type hard drives... but I'm
wondering whether one can also hook up IDE type 5.25" drives, for
example cd burners or DVD drives. Does anyone know if this is
possible. Are the interfaces the same on an IDE type hard drive as
they are on an IDE type 5.25" drive? (SCSI hard drives and scsi 5.25
drives for mac are all the same cable interface).

Or maybe it's a function of the card, but I don't understand why both
wouldnt work. Does anyone know?

I have 4 empty slots in my tower and am thinking an IDE interface
would be nice. (2 ,5.25 external and 2, 3.5 internal/external)

thanks