[muglo] Re: Hang up!!

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:26:36 -0400

On 10-Apr-07, at 11:57 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:

> Should you clear cookies?  I thought not?
>
> Paul

Paul

Clear them, most are just to track you & where you go on the Net.
Some sites require Cookies to be turned on, but that does not
preclude you from deleting them after a Net session.
As to turning computers on & off, there are 2 schools of thought.
Leaving it constantly on makes for less wear & tear on the hard drive
& some utilities may run overnight, as Gerhard stated.
The Nay sayers claim it uses too much electricity & that turning off
allows the hard drive to cool down.
In sleep mode the CPU, HD & Monitor use very small amounts of power.
I turn mine off out of habit, rather than choice, as previous Apples
did have heat issues & old CRT monitors were very prone to "burn in".
The choice is somewhat unclear.
TTFN,    TeeC