[muglo] Geektool

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO Online List <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:06:04 -0400

Geektool is available at the App store, for those with Lion, and probably on the web somewhere, elsewise. There are some simple code and instructions at this MacRumours thread:

There is a weather display program for your desktop at:

and an array of scripts for Geektool at:

I have set up a simple display of the day date and time based on the first post at the macrumours thread:

If you do set up something, remember to set the refresh interval to something appropriate for each item, other than the default zero, else it'll suck up processor cycles.

I haven't installed the weather app - yet?

The scripts require a little more jiggerey pokery.