[muglo] Re: Fwd: Forbes Daily Newsletter: Apple's Superfast Supercomputer

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:12:56 -0400

A few rules on URLs:

1. Bracket them with <>
i.e. <http://www.muglo.on.ca> You MUST include http:// in front of any URLs.
Just typing <www.muglo.on.ca> is exactly the same as typing www.muglo.on.ca
and may or may not work, depending on the mailer. <http://..> will work on
most e-mailers (that support clicking on links).

2. Do not allow carriage returns or spaces to interrupt an URL. They signify
a new URL. The only reason the URLs below work when clicked on is that the
"partner=dailynews" is not mandatory. If it were, then you wouldn't be able
to use the links. This is also the reason that <> is useful. Some e-mailers
are smart enough to know that <http://muglo.on.
ca> is actually the same as <http://muglo.on.ca>

Eric.