[muglo] Re: Freeway Express

  • From: Alan Pomfret <pomfret@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:23:00 -0500

GoLive and Dreamweaver do have steeper learning curves than some of
the others mentioned, but they are also more flexible. I have used
both in addition to Freeway. Freeway was useful provided you were
willing to work within its parameters which did not provide much
scope for user level changes. So it depends on how much design you
want to get into.

You might want to try Nvu

http://www.nvu.com/

Open source (i.e., free) and cross-platform (Mac, Linux, PC) and is
reasonably full featured, especially given its ease of use. It seems
to be embedded in a solid development community but I don't  that
much about its developers.

Alan Pomfret