[muglo] Re: Dictionaries

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:26:52 -0400

I have finally solved the problem of the British Dictionary in
AppleWorks Extras/UK English Dictionaries; I then made it  available by
MOVING it into the  AppleWorks Essentials/Dictionaries; it could now be
selected using the Edit/Writing Tools/Select Dictionaries and lo and
behold there was now the UK English Dictionary!!!

I know that this has been rather lengthy but I thought someone else
might also be interested in using it!!!

Incidentally, there is not a Grammar checker in AW is there, as there
is in Word?

Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused anyone!!!

Paul

On Aug 26, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:

> I have finally been able to get the English Dictionary in AW BUT
> unfortunately it is the US English NOT British English.  I have now
> tried Word 5.1 but again no British Dictionary!!!  Does anyone know of
> a source of a British English Dictionary that will work with AW 6  or
> MS Word 5.1??  I would be grateful if anyone can help!!!!!
>
> I will keeping looking somewhere??   But if anyone can help!!!  It
> could save me time!!
>
> Paul
>
> On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:
>
>> Thanks Garth
>>
>> I have tried this but it makes no difference!!
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Aug 25, 2006, at 8:10 AM, Garth Phillips wrote:
>>
>>> Did you try setting to British English in both "Languages" and "Input
>>> Method" in the International menu of System Preferences?
>>>
>>> Garth.
>>> _
>>> _
>>> _