[muglo] Re: Data transfer between computers

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 01:09:23 -0400

At 10:33 PM -0400 7/18/03, Paul Thomas wrote:

>I have just obtained a new computer [eMac] with OS X and OS9 - which I am
>sure will take a little learning!!  Any helpful suggestions would be
>apreciated.

Congrats, Paul. Let us know how you like that eMac.

>In the meantime I want to transfer some files from the iBook; I am wondering
>if one can do this via a USB cable treating one computer as a peripheral to
>the other?  If so can one have the desktop of the one appear on the second
>so that one can drag files from the one computer to the other?

What model is your iBook? What OS?

If it has FireWire, you can transfer to the eMac very easily via
Target Disk Mode. Apple info here:

If not, then Ethernet file sharing is the next best method. I have
URLs for several Apple articles on this, if you need to refresh your
memory. I sure did. :-)

Mary