[muglo] Re: Data transfer between computers

  • From: Jim Laycock <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:50:32 -0400

Paul,

Congratulations on your new hot rod!

Just run an ethernet cable between the two Macs and turn on file sharing on
one of the machines.  Connect from the other machine by selecting it in the
Chooser/AppleShare.  No router is required, and a standard ethernet cable
will do.

-Jim

--
Jim Laycock        email: <mailto:jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
President            web: <http://www.lateralthinkinc.com>

Jim Laycock is an Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
<http://train.apple.com/cert/actc.html>

Specializing in:
Database Publishing using AppleScript and Quark / InDesign
Database Solutions in FileMaker Pro
Workflow Automation for Prepress & Publishing
REALbasic application development

Member of:
TECSoft Developers Consortium <http://www.tecsoft.com/tdc.html>
Apple Consultants Network (Certified Member) <http://experts.apple.com/>