[muglo] Re: Creating Shared Folder in Virtual Box

  • From: Bob McDaniel <rmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:32:14 -0400

Went through the installation. Opened "My Computer" and found VB Guest Additions occupied Drive D. Double-clicking on the icon simply launched the Wizard installer again. That doesn't seem right. I expected it to open up like any disc or folder and show contents (in this case, nothing). Which begs the question, where is the VB folder on the Mac in which I'd place files to be moved over to Windows?

Also, I want to install anti-virus software and find that the McAfee Anti-virus disc is not recognized. I suspect that that is because Drive D is already occupied by Guest Additions. Seems that I have to remove VB Guest Additions when I want to load a CD.

This was so easy with the old VirtualPC on my eMac when I created a VPC folder on the Mac and it showed up as Drive Z in Windows, no CD conflicts.

Sorry that this thread is becoming lengthy!

Bob

On 7-Jul-10, at 12:18 PM, Dean Danis wrote:

<x-tad-bigger> It's OK to install it. The installer does not have the rubber stamp of Microsoft so that error comes up.</x-tad-bigger>