[muglo] Re: Constitution

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 11:06:26 -0500

On Mar 7, 2009, at 10:39 AM, Mary Read wrote:

> As a relatively new and heretofore 'inactive' member, but one who
> reads posts with interest and culls very helpful information from
> them,...

Thank you Mary for a bit of sanity. I feel, as you apparently do,
that all
registered members should be entitle to vote. I do see that active
members should be the only ones to vote. The original Muglo was set
up as a "Online" group and it still is; just compare the numbers
at meetings with so called active members. Some of our members live
quite a distance from London, Biti for example, and many are either
too ill to attend and/or do not have transport to such meetings.
There are also many who are not interested in the topics to be
considered, both at physical and online meetings.
I wanted to alter the existing "Quorum", because it is impossible to
attain now, but this was set long before the addition of Ex-Windoze
users,
and numbers of members were sparse.
Thank you Doug Bale for stirring the pot, but it is time decisions are
made, which is a chance for All members to vote on.
TeeC
---
Manage your account options at <http://www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi>