[muglo] Re: Constitution

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 07:00:39 -0800 (PST)

--- On Fri, 3/6/09, Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> 50 + 1 refers to total membership so that would be 61?  I
> don't think our best attended meeting has reached half
> that number.

I'd assume that basing a quorum on 'total membership' would be wanted only for
online voting, but I don't think even our most contentious online polls have
attracted half that number of participants. That's why I suggest we define what
constitutes active membership and should limit online voting to those who meet
that standard of activity. But it seems to me that it would be even better to
limit active membership, for voting purposes, to those who have physically
attended a meeting within a specified period of time, and to base our quorum
requirements on that number.
---
Manage your account options at <http://www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi>